As you may know, today is leap day. That got me wondering, why is it that every 4th year is referred to as a leap year? Every year we leap over February 29th as if it never existed, so shouldn’t the “normal” years of 365 days be considered leap years and this year be considered a normal year?
Happy Leap Day!
- Leap Year/Leap Day! (brettjensen.wordpress.com)
- Leap Year: this day in the history of Feb. 29 (csmonitor.com)
- Happy Leap Day! (wired.com)
- PHOTOS: Leaps in honor of Leap Year day (seattlepi.com)
- 29 fun things to do on Leap Day (mnn.com)